Saturday, June 6, 2009

OpenGL - Introduction

OpenGL is widely considered as hard to tame. It is often intimidating to amateur and overenthusiastic programmers who's approach is to take a plunge into it at first sight. Though it may be encouraging to see, it often leaves them terribly confused.

Before GLUT, ( GL utility toolkit) which conviniently keeps us away from the complexities of window system related code, OpenGL programming was a daunting task. Despite this benifit, which GLUT gives us, it helps to be guided by a detailed tutorial or walk-through.

The soul aim of this tutorial is to eliminate the hardships faced by wannabe "GLUTtons". This tutorial is tailored in the way in which I taught myself this skill. I will try my best to ensure that I leave no doubts in the reader's mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment